Creating raised plaster art using stencils
Using stencils, you can create intricate raised designs on walls/ceilings, furniture and much more. Stencilling with plaster is super easy and will create beautiful designs with minimal effort. The finished raised plaster can then be painted or detailed to create stunning designs to enhance décor on walls, furniture or bespoke artwork.
So, if you fancy turning something plain into a stunning piece of art, why not try plaster stencilling? It’s easy, inexpensive and creates an intricate and unique design within minutes.
Plaster relief stencilling creates a 3D effect and can be used as a base level relief pattern to then build up manually to give more relief and dimension.
You will need;
- A clean surface area to stencil onto
- Fine plaster
- A trowel
- Tape, ruler and pencil
- Custom made stone mask stencil
Plastering using stencils is super easy and can be done in minutes. Follow our simple step by step guide;
- Once you have marked up your desired area using the pencil and ruler then you will need to prepare your stencil by peeling off the backing to reveal the sticky side
- Carefully apply the stencil (Sticky side down) ensuring that all intricate details of the stencil are flat and securely stuck to the wall
- Once the entire stencil is flat and aligned then use a trowel to apply the plaster in the direction of the design, filling every gap in the stencil
- Once complete, remove the stencil by slowly peeling from the top corner until the whole stencil has come away from the surface area to reveal your design
- The rest is up to you, it’s time to get creative! Once dry you can use your newly raised plaster art to bring your wall, furniture or artwork to life