Tips for using your social distancing floor stencil
- Prepare your application surface, ensuring its clean and free from debris. If using on grass we would suggest a quick cut to ensure the grass is short and even.
- Use a spray paint suitable for the application surface. Things you should consider include, how long you want your stencil to last, the footfall the area will receive and, if outside, will your stencil be exposed to the elements?
- For general paths and hard outdoor surfaces we suggest a semi-permanent road marking paint available at most high street DIY stores.
- Use tape or small weights to hold down your stencil. This will help keep those edges crisp.
- Working from the outside in, begin spraying, using steady fluid motions. Keep moving at all times to prevent an area of overspray and paint build up - less is more.
- If using multiple colours, you can mask off areas to prevent colours blending.
- Remember your stencil is reusable. Regular cleaning is essential to ensure durability and will maintain best results. We suggest cleaning your stencil on a flat surface with a soft paintbrush and appropriate solvent. Never use a cloth to clean your stencil as this may result in damage.
- If you need more advice you may want to check out our dedicated social distancing stencils page or how to page where you will find videos to guide you through the stencilling process.
And don’t forget, the Lasercutit team are always on had to provide additional support, so feel free to give us a call on 0161 989 0847 or drop us an email to [email protected]. We are always happy to help.
Prepare your application surface, ensuring its clean and free from debris. If using on grass… more
We can produce Personal Protective Equipment including visors, masks and large shop screens. more
We can produce a range of custom social distancing signage, stencils and vinyl markers to assist shops, business and councils in following government social distancing guidelines. more