Body stencils are widely used in the fashion industry, film and theatre production by make artists and designers. They are a quick and easy method to apply intricate designs in multiple colours and easily removed after an event.
Body stencils are laser cut for high definition outlines. They are made in high quality polyester film both adhesive and non-adhesive backed. They are tough and durable and can be used many times.
- A skin test should always be done prior to application.
- Prepare area to be painted by washing with light soapy solution and wipe with isopropyl alcohol. Make sure you clean an area larger than the stencil itself.
- Protect any clothing before applying paint
- If using a non-adhesive backed stencil, use cosmetic body adhesive to secure stencil while applying body paint and make sure that the stencil is securely positioned.
- Use skin safe body airbrush paints and a small soft sponge to apply colours.
- Apply lighter shades first, using a separate sponge for each colour. Do not over apply as the paint may run under the stencils.
- Build up depth of colours to create desired finish.
- Remove stencil.
- Remove any excess paint with isopropyl.
- A setting powder can be applied to the tattoo. Remove excess with a soft brush.